|Location:||Edinburgh, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 23 April 2021
Salary Range£0 - £0
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group aspires to be recognised as a leading responsible, sustainable and inclusive organisation for colleagues, customers, communities and other stakeholders, with a purpose of Helping Britain Prosper. The Group has set an ambitious goal to work with customers, Government and the market to help reduce the emissions we finance by more than 50 per cent by 2030, supporting the UK’s ambition to be net zero by 2050 and meet the 2015 Paris Agreement. This is also strongly aligned to our commitment to implement the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) recommendations.
Our Commercial Banking division has a rich heritage of supporting businesses and the economic prosperity of the nation. Primarily focused on UK businesses and those with strong links to the UK. We provide customers with the support they need to help them grow, manage risk and improve efficiency. We continue to invest in our relationship teams and deepen our product expertise to ensure we deliver first class service.
Commercial Banking provides support to corporate clients through the provision of core banking products, such as lending, deposits and transaction banking services. Whilst also offering clients expertise in capital markets (private placements, bonds and syndicated loans), financial markets (foreign exchange, interest rate management, money market and credit) and private equity. This enables us to meet the varying and sometimes complex needs of all types of corporate clients.
Lloyds Banking Group aspires to be recognised as a leading responsible, sustainable and inclusive organisation for colleagues, customers, communities and other stakeholders, with a purpose of Helping Britain Prosper. The Group has set an ambitious goal to work with customers, Government and the market to help reduce the emissions we finance by more than 50 per cent by 2030, supporting the UK’s ambition to be net zero by 2050 and meet the 2015 Paris Agreement. This is also strongly aligned to our commitment to implement the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) recommendations.
Commercial Banking’s ambition is to be a leading UK commercial bank for sustainable growth, supporting clients to transition to sustainable business models and operations and to pursue new growth opportunities.
Sitting within Client Products, Portfolio Analytics is a specialist team responsible for developing the methodologies, data and tools used in Commercial Banking to support pricing, delivery of sustainable returns and growth of client relationships.
- Work with the CB coverage business and Risk to undertake deep dives into high carbon sectors to increase understanding of financed emissions.
- Embed climate risk and opportunity into pricing and capital frameworks.
- Engage with subject matter experts to adapt climate transition scenarios with qualitative and quantitative inputs to model both static and dynamic portfolio transitions.
- Collaborate with Risk to develop tools to understand Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) distribution of the portfolio.
- Align existing industry wide methodology and data with the Commercial Banking data and models.
- Utilise emerging standards to inform strategic planning and business prioritisation.
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Expertise in Statistical Methods required and Machine Learning techniques applied to the banking industry preferred.
- Proficiency in statistical software and programming languages (Python, R, Matlab)
- Proficient in Excel and database software (SQL)
- Climate risk knowledge – understanding of climate and social responsibility. Passionate about the topic and willing to develop expertise around climate related risks and opportunities
We are dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague of Lloyds Banking Group, you’ll join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference. We're big believers of diversity and inclusion where everyone is welcome.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
In addition to a competitive salary we’ll also provide:
- 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- A generous employer pension contribution up to 15%
- Discretionary annual group performance bonus
- Private medical health cover, Share schemes and access to Staff discounts
Together we make it possible. To find out more, click here www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/careers
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.