|Job Type:||Full Time|
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
A bit about the role
To support the Cost Controller accurately report personnel timesheet allocations in order to satisfy cost management reporting requirements, by reviewing the weekly timesheet submissions and identifying potential errors, correcting misallocations and being a focal point in supporting personnel with time activity booking difficulties.
- Ensure all Mott MacDonald's personnel time booked to the DJV is accurately captured to the multitude of activity codes
- Analysing captured time to ensure there are no anomalies, in respect of the correct coding, time booked and commentary
- Ensure that any time in suspense is captured in the weekly report
- Support the Cost Controller produce the weekly timesheet allocation output requirement
- Collaborate with budget holders to reallocate incorrect time submissions
- Support the Cost Controller produce the actual cost data for the monthly Application for Payment
- Assist the Cost Controller and Cost Manager on an ad hoc basis
- Supporting the Project Cost Controller to accurately report project revenue, in order to satisfy our client and senior management reporting requirements, by reviewing weekly timesheet submissions to identify potential errors and correcting misallocations.
- Support the Project Cost Controller produce the weekly timesheet allocation reports and the monthly Application for Payment output
- Ensure all of Mott MacDonald's personnel time booked to the DJV is accurately captured to the multitude of Asset Task codes, including making necessary timesheet amendments using Deltek / Connect Business
- Analyse captured time to ensure there are no anomalies, in respect of the correct coding, time booked and commentary
- Identify and challenge non-reimbursable time captured on the project
- Administer project team requests 'Blocking' and 'Un-blocking' Asset Tasks
- Create new Asset Tasks codes when required
- Support budget holders (Sub Lot PMs) and their authorised team members to reallocate incorrect time submissions
- Accommodate project personnel with their time activity booking difficulties
- Collaborate with the DJV PMO team
- Assist the Project Cost Controller and Cost Manager on an ad hoc basis
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Proficient in project controls cost administration
- Competent in using Excel.
- Strong analytical skills
- Pays attention to detail and will see timely tasks through to completion
- Can proactively seek and implement activities that will add value to their function
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- A confident communicator