|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Development Planning Engineer - Oil & Energy
Gaffney, Cline & Associates, UK
Are you passionate about providing technical, commercial and strategic advisory to energy sector clients to enhance asset value as they journey to a sustainable future?
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, developing innovative approaches and contributing to commercial growth?
Join our innovative and leading-edge consulting team
GaffneyCline is a leading international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical, commercial and strategic advisory in petroleum and energy. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Hughes that provides impartial advisory services. For more than 50 years, the business has offered both broad-based and detailed technical and commercial advice, focusing on results-orientated, commercially viable and practical solutions designed to meet its client's specific requirements.
Partner with the best
As a Senior Development Engineer you will define development plans and provide integrated solutions in close cooperation with multi-discipline and cross functional teams within GaffneyCline.
You will also be responsible for:
- Providing facilities engineering input to multi-disciplinary projects, including development planning, reserves audits, asset evaluation and due diligence for project finance and mergers and acquisitions across Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Energy Sectors;
- Providing input into Oil and Gas decarbonisation projects, including assessments of carbon capture technology, GHG emissions and Carbon intensity.
- Evaluating oil and gas development programmes including cost estimates, schedules, HSE, operating policies and management plans for new and existing developments;
- Acting as Project Manager, maintaining contact with the client and ensuring adherence to quality, timescale and budget;
- Coordinating with subsurface disciplines and economics groups to assist asset and company evaluations
- Contributing to new business development activities
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Batchelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum engineering or a related degree with relevant experience
- Demonstrate ability in development planning, conceptual engineering, cost estimating and scheduling for oil and gas developments or assets
- Have a good understanding of reservoir, drilling, facilities, production operations subsea engineering
- Possess experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams including economics, commercial and finance disciplines
- Have excellent excel and relevant facilities software packages
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication
- Have an ability to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams
- Highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Have experience with Energy Transition, LNG plants, floating LNG and regasification
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
GaffneyCline is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Hughes providing impartial, independent advisory services. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities, comprehensive private medical care options, safety net of life insurance and disability programs, tailored financial programs and additional elected or voluntary benefits.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.