|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group
JPMorgan is a leading liquidity provider in global markets. We offer a full spectrum of products and services – including Commodities, FX and Rates. The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group runs systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies. ATS works closely with other internal parties (other trading desks, sales, IT, research) to ensure clients are taking advantage of the firm's broad array of market-leading electronic services.
We are looking for a trading strategist to join our team in London. You will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the trading floor in London with primary focus on Repo. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
We make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental and physical health needs or particular family considerations.
If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
You will work closely with the desk to drive revenue and expand the business. Apart from that, you will be also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
- Generate Pricing streams to automatically respond to customer enquiries and for market making
- Create/modify/implement algorithmic orders to execute on behalf of clients as well as internal manual traders.
- Create generic post-trade, real time and post trade transaction cost analysis models and reports to help clients drive algorithmic execution.
- Formulation, analysis and back-testing of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals.
- Work closely with technology to develop cutting edge low latency infrastructure that meets business needs in a scalable manner.
- Derive automatic hedging solutions with risk managers to extract the best values out of our flows.
- Perform statistical analysis of algorithmic order execution for internal use and to drive iterative improvements.
- Understand firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follow policies.
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading across asset classes;
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn;
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java, Python and KDB;
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Eager to look for new ways of doing things and able to understand the benefits of leveraging the firm’s scale;
- Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves frequent interaction and partnership with different teams in the firm such as Clients, Voice Trading, Sales, Product, QR and Technology;
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences;
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
Nice to have
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent. Computer Science is preferred. Some graduate school in a technical field is preferred;
- Commodities, FX and Rates markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful but not essential;
- Experience of working with ECNs and exchanges such as EBS, Reuters, CME, Currenex, Hotspot, etc or similar;
- Must be oriented towards careful system and solution design and implementation;
- Attention to detail is essential.
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.