|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our global Commodities and Global Markets Finance team in a leadership role to own and manage the financial affairs of Commodities and Global Markets entities in EMEA.
In this interesting and rewarding role, you will gain exposure to senior leaders in Macquarie and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Commodities and Global Markets, Risk, Finance, Tax, and Treasury.
Managing a team in London & Dublin, this new London-based role incorporates elements of legal entity, financial statements, regulatory reporting, management reporting & financial control deliverables. In each of these components, the successful candidate will be supported by the Financial Management Group teams in the Ireland/United Kingdom, the United States and India.
You will report through to the Finance EMEA Regional Lead for Commodities and Global Markets and your key responsibilities will include:
- legal entity management & control (annual financial statements, dividends, and management of external audit), particularly for regulated entities
- financial planning and analysis (performance reporting, analysis and forecasting for entity boards board and management)
- financial control (bookkeeping and delivery of financial data) including understanding of the booking models and tax transfer pricing arrangements
- collaboration with the Financial Management Group teams to support them with their statistical, regulatory & tax reporting
- reviewing and approving new business activities or transactions
- keep abreast of regulatory, legal and/or tax developments impacting regulated entities
- developing relationships with the businesses to advise on the balance sheet or P&L impact of new products and strategies within regulated entities.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 12 plus years' experience in Financial Markets with strong knowledge of derivatives and financial products, preferably in commodities or trading businesses
- prior experience in Audit, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, and Financial Control, is a key preference
- proven people leader
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- is comfortable interacting with business staff and resolving competing priorities
- have strong attention to detail and be able to identify issues
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.