|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Administrator, Andover
6 Month FTC
Within Ocado sits the Client Services team, this team is responsible for support of the OSP (Ocado Smart Platform) solutions we deliver to our clients both nationally and internationally, which enables them to run a fully automated warehouse. Within this core area of Ocado, this role sits within the Operational Services team who maintain the technical platforms of the OSP solution.
This role reports into the Operational Services Manager and forms part of the Global Operational Services Team within Client Services. The holder of this role will be responsible for the delivery of effective administration of the teams structure & operations.
This role may involve international & national travel.
About this role:
For this unique role you will need a technical background and will be supporting our Global Operational Services team. Within this role you will be supporting the existing team through managing documentation, processes, procedures, with the objective of providing a managed structure for the team to operate within.
This role will require you to gain an operational awareness of the team who will be managing the setup of our new sites globally. You may also be involved in, interviewing, building, planning and scheduling training of new technical teams for our high tech warehouses across the globe.
The objective of this role is to support the Global Operational Services Team to enable them to deliver as efficiently as possible.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and maintaining a documentation structure for the team
- Assisting with the development, building and delivery of a suitable technical environment for new technical teams
- Assisting with hiring & building new technical teams
- Assisting with the transition of new sites into production
- Maintaining a good level of business operations & technical knowledge for our high tech CFC warehouses and keeping up to date with changes.
- Ensuring systems used by the teams are consistent, aligned and up to date.
- Ensuring Ocado values are maintained as part of the team's programme
- Creating, maintaining and improving relevant training material
- Scheduling & planning with the GOS team to allow them to plan their activities.
- Collaborate with business constituents, project teams, OSS staff and stakeholders as needed to ensure that appropriate processes and procedures are embedded, aligned and managed effectively.
- Continuously evaluates technical systems & technical training requirements, processes and procedures to ensure they meet requirements, whilst agreeing and planning any updates and releases ensuring global alignment and service improvements.
- Working closely with members of the Global Operational Services team to achieve the desired outcome for the team
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and manage queries.
What we would like to see:
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide updates.
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Strong ability to organise and structure documentation
- Experience in a technical environment
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring tasks progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong ability to engage with people at a technical & business level.
- Willing to travel nationally & internationally if require
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.