|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
This exciting role will manage the design and construction phases of projects to facilitate the delivery of new Customer Fulfilment Centre and spoke sites, to programme, budget and required levels of quality. The individual will lead and deliver the construction of new sites by interacting with internal colleagues, external consultants and contractors.
What will you be doing?
- Acts as a technical expert on all technical and legal project matters through the development and construction process
- From acquisition handover, leads an external project team to deliver the Company’s required design requirements for the project
- Manages the various contractors to deliver the project to required quality standards, on time and on budget
- Manages the change process and ensures budget visibility at all times through the project
- Manages the commercial aspects of the project in tandem with the commercial lead.
- Ensures an efficient handover to the operational team, and proactively manages the defects process to completion in agreed timescales
- Works with the commercial team as necessary to ensure best value for required elements of the projects
- Communicates clearly with stakeholders on information required to support the project
- Reports concisely at the appropriate time to stakeholders on key elements of the project
- Is an ambassador for Ocado in all written and oral communication with external individuals
- An experienced Property professional with proven experience of developing significant industrial projects from planning to completion
- Educated to degree level with an appropriate professional qualification (MCIOB/RICS etc)
- Proven project management experience, leading internal and external project teams to deliver effectively
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……