|Job Type:||Full Time|
In this role, you will lead UX research and insight to support ClearScore’s product and design team to continue to build a beautiful, clear, calm and easy to understand user experience. In leading research and insight for the function, you will deliver success by introducing new best practice methods and tools, driving self serve Discovery research amongst the team through coaching them, as well as delivering research projects yourself.
Working closely with the ClearScore Director of Insight, you will ensure that product and design insight also informs the broader growth of ClearScore by driving a more engaged, active userbase experiencing the full breadth of the ClearScore proposition.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead and deliver product and design research
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure it is clear what questions we need to answer through research
- Ensure the research methodology will answer your business questions
- Get hands on – running the research and analysing the findings
- Communicate and activate insights
- Share synthesised insights that bring to life user needs, highlighting user decision making and psychology
- Drive positive action amongst product and design to act on those insights, by collaborating closely with them in the ‘so what’, for example through design sprint workshops
- Ensure those insights are shared appropriately outside of P&D, contributing to our broader understanding of what users need from ClearScore
- Introduce new best practice methods and tools
- Identify unmet needs in the team, and how new methods and tools could be used to deliver to those – improving empathy with the user, efficiency of the research and communication of the insights
- Coach the product and design team to improve self serve
- There’ll always be more demand for research, so find ways to upskill the team to confidently do great research themselves during the Discovery process
ClearScore is a workplace like no other. We’ve spent the past five years disrupting an entire industry and building a user base of millions. At the heart of this success is our culture, where we work hard, relish change and treat each other with respect—helping everyone to reach their potential and deliver results that make a difference.
We’re on a mission to positively impact the lives of our users. Our product puts their needs at the centre of our thinking. Through cutting-edge tech, insightful analytics and beautiful design we want to help our users build their financial confidence and make better financial decisions.
We want our people to perform at their best, so we trust everyone to work in a way that suits them—focusing on output, not time spent at a screen. We have an inclusive culture where everyone is encouraged to look after their own wellbeing whilst growing and developing their career.
- The Lead UX Researcher would preferably have demonstrable academic achievement in areas like consumer psycholology, behavioural design or behavioural economics.
- You will have substantial experience in leading and delivering research in product and UX design initiatives through research agency or client-side positions, ideally including within a smaller, hands on environment focussed on a digital product(s)
- You will have expertise in using a variety of research methodologies both quantitative and qualitative, online and offline from at least 6 years research experience. This expertise should also include leading projects, and making decisions on how to best design, manage and deliver research.
- We don’t need you to be experienced in the financial arena, but hands-on experience in a technology business is a must. You will have experience in, and be comfortable with designing and delivering research in early stage Discovery for product and design teams.
- You’ll be excited to be involved in leading research and insight for the product and design team, and want to get reveal and interrogate what drives decision making and attitudes in relation to one of the most emotional/challenging topics – personal finances and credit.
- You care about the work you do, and are the kind of person who always wants to produce the best possible work (solo, or in collaboration with others).
- You’re someone who’s passionate about identifying what ‘real users’ think, feel and do and finding ways to share that, to drive empathy across the product and design team, and wider business.
- You’ll be an exemplary communicator, comfortable with interfacing directly with leaders and peers.
- You are obsessed with turning ‘data and research’ into simple, compelling insights that help ClearScore grow.
- You believe in our mission, and what to contribute to delivering it across the world
- You’ll be self-disciplined and able to manage multiple projects at one time without being overwhelmed. You’ll be ready to ask for help if you need to, but want to solve problems independently where you can. You’ll be able to work under pressure and within a moving framework, particularly in relation to early stage Discovery research
- You need to be the type of person that thrives on continuous change and improvement. You’ll understand that ClearScore, as a fintech company is growing fast, and that Consumer Research is a way to help the business understand strategic growth opportunities better, but you need to be agile in your approach.
- 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Private health and dental cover
- GP office visits
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched pension
- Brown bags with guest speakers
- Access to Perkbox
- Dog-friendly office
- Daily breakfast and free snacks
- Free sports and social clubs
- Generous training allowance
- Fast progression
- Leadership-led training
- Regular wellbeing events
- In-house psychotherapist
- Physical and mental health support through BUPA
- No clock-watching culture
- Generous maternity and paternity plans
- Culture and inclusion representatives
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice.