|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Telegraph are looking for a creative web-savvy designer to help create innovative, visual online journalism.
This department's aim is to tell world-class Visual Storytelling that matches the quality journalism of The Telegraph, increasing core engagement for a range of our readers across print and digitally. The team works on daily creative content for The Telegraph's website and app, Snapchat, newspaper, and reactional content based on daily or long-form content.
This role will be required to work 2-10pm Monday-Friday.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- This role will provide a conduit between print and digital.
- You will be recreating our visual imagery from the News, Features and Lifestyle sections. Converting them to the appropriate digital shapes and formats.
- This is a new role within the Visual Storytelling team to ease the production and conversion of images into the evening ready for publication later in the day or early morning online.
- You’ll have a good understanding of Design, Illustration and Typography and an expert using Adobe Creative Suite to work existing imagery and information into our digital formats
- A creative mind capable of deciding the best digital solution to use with the information or imagery at hand in a short timeframe.
- Good communication across departments is key
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with Digital formats
- Ability to illustrate would be a bonus
- An understanding of Design and Typography
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.