|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role purpose and overview
The Audience Analyst will work closely with the various Audience teams to provide editorial insights, track performance, and make recommendations on promotion opportunities.
Working on the newsroom floor, the Audience team is an integral part of the publication and promotion process, influencing decisions and making recommendations to journalists throughout the day.
The successful candidate will work closely with a variety of desks across a range of newsworthy topics, as well as our range of longstanding, high-performing content.
You can expect a fast-paced environment where no day is the same. The output is heavily influenced by the news agenda, and we take a flexible approach to the day’s work as priorities can quickly change.
We also work closely with a variety of digital journalism teams, including Social, Graphics, Video and Analytics, to provide a holistic approach to digital publishing, so you’ll have the opportunity to build and develop close ties with these teams.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Work with SEO, Social and Community to understand their strategies and provide backup resource as needed.
- Build an understanding of the different teams within Audience, how they work with news desks, and areas they could work better together.
- Report on performance against targets and propose improvements or alternative approaches.
- Provide real-time insights into under or over performing content, using data to understand why this is happening and recommend changes.
- Help with insights into past content performance on a daily basis, ensuring information is available for morning conference.
- Build relationships with desks across the newsroom to understand their strategies and what insights are most useful.
- Work with all digital production teams to recommend amendments to content.
- Demonstrable experience working with data to uncover insights and inform strategy.
- A keen interest in publishing and news/current affairs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident approach to building relationships with different teams.
- Data-driven mindset.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Basic understanding of SEO, Social Media and Community platforms.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.