|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Equity Risk applications development team you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance our businesses as you build your career. You’ll join an inspiring and curious global team of technologists dedicated to building and improving JPM’s equity risk management platform which provides Market Risk, Product Control and Front Office with the risk numbers needed to facilitate trading. Core technologies used are Java, Kafka and Sybase (ASE & IQ) and a knowledge of Python is useful.
As a developer you’ll be tasked with designing and developing business and technical demands, reviewing design and code from other team members and keeping the team and other key stakeholders up-to-date with the progress of your work. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks is key. And best of all, you’ll be working and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
- This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Professional development experience with Java or Python
- Professional development experience with SQL
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience of cloud-native principals is beneficial
- Experience communicating to business facing customers and technical teams
- Ability to influence software engineering best practice
- Self-starter who is motivated to take ownership to drive projects and tasks
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.