|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Global Specialized Workloads (AGSW) SAP Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with a “can do” attitude, a passion for solving hard problems, and a commitment to help build the best hyperscale cloud business on the planet. The team’s mission is to accelerate the deployment of SAP environments from on-prem or hybrid environments to the Microsoft Azure cloud for marquee enterprise and corporate customers . This role represents a strong opportunity to have direct impact on both our cloud products & strategy, and our customer’s success.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with customers in the migration or deployment of large-scale SAP cloud infrastructure projects and a depth background in SAP technical architecture and operations.
- Provide advisory to customer and partners in relation to planning, architecting and systematically deploying large scale SAP customer estates onto Microsoft Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- Support the development of customer/partner program plans to define the phases, steps, roles and moments of truth in the customer journey for SAP on Azure migration programs and greenfield SAP deployments.
- Drive rapid customer success by executing the SAP on Azure program plan, provide technical advisory, guidance and technical governance for successfully running optimized workloads on Azure.
- Provide technical best practices to help the partner/customer to predictably migrate to the Microsoft Azure while avoiding pitfalls and common mistakes
- Democratize knowledge by writing whitepapers, blogs and contributing to technical documentation e.g. SAP on Azure reference architectures
- Co-engineering initiatives with core Product and Engineering teams spanning SAP Deployment Automation, SAP Monitoring and SAP Quality,
- Spearhead customer-led innovation by becoming design partners to Product Management and Engineering teams, and, offering platform feedback into the Product teams to ensure Azure is optimized for SAP workloads, making Azure the best cloud to run SAP workloads
Typical Characteristics and Traits:
AGSW resources know their customer’s businesses and the industries they operate in, and what Microsoft can bring to the table to the benefit of the customer. They are also acutely aware of important regional trends in industry, technology, business demographics, and the competitive landscape (business and technology).
Furthermore, they share a common set of characteristics that drive innovation and value for engineering and our customers:
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of engineering, and customers
- Recognized as thought leaders and mentors
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic design and delivery – weaving empathy, curiosity, desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and delivering success to customers.
- Technical strength in cloud computing – Compute, Storage, & Networking.
- Understanding of the challenges of large-scale mission critical SAP deployments, program management of deployment of enterprise grade software solutions.
- Deep knowledge of SAP NetWeaver/ABAP administration (BASIS), SAP monitoring, SAP system deployment and underlying database management (HANA, SQL Server, etc)
- Automation (Terraform, Ansible) and VMware infrastructure skills are a bonus
- Integration of SAP source systems to Azure services (Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics) or a competing Cloud is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of SAP PaaS solutions, SAP Cloud Platform including (SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Datawarehouse Cloud is a bonus.
- Strong presentation skills, success in consultative and/or technical leadership (e.g., architect) with sophisticated and complex customers and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.