|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The JPMC Enterprise Toolchain Continuous Delivery team is seeking a senior software engineer to work on the firm's strategic solution for application deployment.
The successful candidate will be part of an agile team responsible for the development of enterprise-scale services that enable automated deployments to public/private cloud platforms and traditional on-premises infrastructure (Linux/Windows). This product is a core part of the drive to improve the developer experience for technologists across the firm.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. As a key member of a cross-functional agile team you will be passionate about delivering modern web solutions, micro-service APIs and be comfortable working as a T-shaped developer.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java, C++, Python, C# or Go
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Core Java, Spring Boot and microservices would be beneficial
- Knowledge of best practices in DevOps and CI/CD automation
- Experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication