|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
Mott MacDonald has a strong track record in delivering asset and facilities management consultancy services for a variety of public and private sector clients engaged in large programmes of regeneration, innovation and efficiency. Due to our continued success, we currently have a rapidly expanding workload and are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our team of professionals in Cardiff.
Working within the Intelligent Data Analytics team you'll develop asset management solutions alongside data-scientists, geospatial and technical specialists from a wide spectrum of asset management knowledge. You'll be involved in developing solutions to client's asset management problems, applying data-science and specifically machine learning/deep learning and computer vision.
- Contributing to the design and development of asset management solutions.
- Developing algorithm models to identify and map features in imagery and other datasets
- Contributing to client discussions and collaborating with clients to develop solutions.
- Researching and applying emerging technologies.
- Master's degree or PhD in a relevant subject such as Data Science, Computer Science (in the field of image processing and computer vision), Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent engineering degree.
- Relevant experience in data-science, software development, application of machine learning within an engineering context
- Strong programming skills (Python/R) with exposure to Machine Learning packages such as Tensorflow/Keras, Pytorch or scikit-learn
- Demonstrable professional experience developing/implementing real-time computer vision algorithms on GPU will be advantageous
- Experience with a version control system such as Git to collaborate and manage a large codebase
- Familiarity with using linux shell, and SSH for remote code deployment would also be beneficial