Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our UK Connected Services Hub Team team in Warrington as a Remote Support Engineer.
The Connected Service Hub Team delivers a diverse range of duties 24x7x365. In this role the successful candidate will focus on ensuring critical tasks and duties are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. You will interact globally around the clock with Customer and Field Service teams as well as Technical Support, Sales and the Customer Care Centres within the supported geographies.
Clear and concise communications are critical and diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with the ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately.
The Connected Service Hub team follows globally accepted best practice processes to ensure that customers receive the same Schneider Electric experience no matter where their devices are located.
Your primary role as a Remote Support Engineer - Nightshift is to provide remote support and technical assistance for customer contracts on a variety of BMS systems and other Schneider Electric products. This entails mainly working on sophisticated heating, ventilation and air conditioning control via Building Management Systems, remotely diagnosing problems and communicating solutions effectively and providing our clients with the highest level of customer satisfaction. Day to day activities can include escalating alarms, remote interrogation of customers’ systems, generating reports for customers, liaising with other teams in the business, providing training for new starters/apprentices.
Please note that this role is a night shift based position.
- Technical Remote support
- Working on systems associated with building automation, door access, Secure Power and Cooling, power monitoring and security
- Maintaining accurate records and ensuring the highest standards of customer satisfaction
- Remotely diagnosing problems and communicating solutions effectively
- Reactively responding to calls from sites providing 1st and 2nd line support to our customers
- Analyse Data, Alarm and Log files for advanced troubleshooting
- Liaise with product experts
- Escalation of alarms on multiple systems and deal with a varied range of queries
- Proactively schedule works and reporting
- Maintaining and troubleshooting local IT systems, networks and infrastructure
- Speaking to customers or representatives of customers to discuss and carry out configuration of remote connections.
- Coordinate Field Service Representative (FSR) dispatch for on-site escalation and provide Technical Support
- Remote Software upgrades and patches with customer or FSR onsite
- Meet defined service KPI
- Continuous Technical Training and Development
This role is a night shift based position.
This role might be for you if?
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Languages: English one other language (Spanish/German/Italian) preferable
- Self-motivated and the ability to use and work on your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High level personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Document all carried out works to a high level
Preferred Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Degree in IT/Software/Computer Engineering/Information Systems or similar based Qualification
- Or Foundation engineering course (ONC or City &Guilds)
- Or proven previous experience in Field Services, Technical Support, or Customer Relationship environment appreciated
- Interests in technology: Internet of things, mobility
- Good understanding of electrical networks, data center environments would be beneficial
- Controls / Electrical / Call Centre / 1st / 2nd line support agent/
- Developing innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during the service contract period
What we can offer you?
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.