|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior VFX Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a Senior FX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game FX possible. Become a part of the Visual Arts Group, and work with a multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in outstanding Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies!
What you’ll be doing:
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from in-game assets to Cinematics on the PlayStation 5 platform.
- You will work with our VFX Supervisor to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- You will partner with our render engineers to develop new, or improve upon existing technologies for pushing the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Document, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as an FX artist.
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality real-time FX work.
- Proficiency of standard art packages such as Maya and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Python scripting experience.
- C++ programming experience.
- Premiere/After Effects experience.
- Side-FX Houdini experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.