|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Lighting Artist
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and creative Senior Lighting Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling. Here is your chance to be a part of the multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in premier Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies!
What you’ll be doing:
- Create cinematic and environmental lighting using a variety of cutting edge proprietary game engines.
- Work closely with developers to understand proprietary engine’s workflows.
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor to understand and deliver the developer’s sense of vision for the look of the game title.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game’s design to support communication and allow better discussions.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with the Production group to develop task lists, ensuring assignments are progressing according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ industry or related experience.
- Experience shipping AAA published titles with current-gen game engines.
- Extensive knowledge of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with traditional, software rendering and game lighting.
- Highly refined understanding of the process of creating photo-realistic lighting including lighting theory and ratios, lenses and post processing for lens effects.
- Strong technical abilities including knowledge of PBR systems.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to understand complex systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya.
- Unreal or Unity experience highly desirable.
- Experience working in a command line environment desirable.
- Knowledge in Python scripting, C++ is a bonus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.