|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services is expanding the capabilities of our Mixed Reality Studio in London and are looking for passionate and talented people to join our creative journey to transform business with emerging technologies.
Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumers, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the HoloLens, VR, mobile and Mixed Reality, as well as the deep domain expertise of our many customers.
We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality, from ideation, through prototyping, to pilot to production.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Lead to partner with the Studio Lead and Design Lead to help craft and deliver innovative, connected, next-generation solutions for Mixed Reality, VR and HoloLens. The ideal candidate will enjoy problem solving, have a stellar track record of delivering technical solutions and will love to learn and tackle new challenges. This role will engage with every discipline including art, design, dev, test, and business, as well as being part of the leadership team developing the overall strategy for team, client, and product success in a game development-savvy studio.
You should be enthusiastic about applying your development talents and iterating on prototypes to discover what works best, then leveraging your knowledge to create incredible software products. Finally, the candidate should be comfortable with cutting-edge technologies, as well as beta hardware and software and cloud-based solutions.
You are responsible to realize the creative vision, by driving through ambiguity with well-architected technical designs, aggressive and achievable schedules, technical hands-on leadership, and your own significant code contributions.
You will work collaboratively, in the spirit of rapid prototyping, with production, art, design, and a high performing team of developers to deliver world class application products with superb production values.
You are an important part of the strategy to build and mentor a strong and growing team of developers, inspiring them to do something amazing!
You lead by example with a hands-on engineering approach and are confident and comfortable presenting ideas to customers and partners.
You actively seek out, accept, and provide feedback from peers. You are a leader across the studio fostering a feedback and growth mindset culture that enables the studio to constantly learn and improve.
You own managing the technical expectations from the client, and proactively address any concerns through clear communication channels; you are the technical ambassador.
- Products - An excellent track record of professional development experience in C# and/or C/C++ with multiple shipped products, with at least one as a lead engineer or technical director.
- Engine - Demonstrated hands on experience with modern game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or equivalent.
- Experience - Demonstrated years of professional game development experience (or similar Realtime 3D interactive experiences)
- Cloud - An understanding of the latest trends in cloud computing and how to create powerful connected experiences that can be deployed in enterprise environments.
- Leadership - Demonstrated technical leadership experience with the proven ability to lead, mentor and inspire a team.
- Communications - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree - BA/BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Debugging - Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment.
- Product Passion - Passion for entertainment, technology, games, and amazing user experiences.
- Expert - In one or more technology domains, such as gameplay, computer vision, rendering, GPU programming, machine learning, console development, multiple hardware platforms, low-level development, or natural user interfaces.
- User Features - Experience developing user-facing features.
- Math - Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics.
- Self-motivated - comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.