|Job Type:||Full Time|
firstdirect – Solutions Architect
first direct is banking’s best kept secret. We’re abank that absolutely has its customers at its heart – which is demonstratedthrough the amazing numbers of awards we win for customer service, not just inthe banking sector but across all sectors. We were the UK’s first phone bankand now we’re fantastic digital business, powered by amazing humans.
And we only want to make that better. We haveambitious plans to make the most of our current market position to really growthe first direct business. To do this we’re investing in building a best inclass IT team. first direct IT work really closely with other business teams toensure we create the right solutions for both the business and the customer andto support our strategic plans.
first direct is a member of the HSBC group and isone of the major contributors of profit to the Retail Banking & WealthManagement businesses (that’s everyday banking and investments to you and me).Retail banking services over 50 million customers globally and offers a wholerange of banking products and services.
HSBC’s vision is to ‘Build banking’s leadingtechnology company’ and first direct wants to lead the way.
We are currently seeking an experienced individualto join this team in the role of Solution Architect.
The role of the GCB 5 Solution Architect isaccountable for:
- Defining the right solution architectures for first directs changeinitiatives.
- Assuring that solutions are fit for purpose, cost effective, and alignwith bank standards.
- Gaining formal approval for solutions through the appropriate governance,documenting the architecture, associated risks and technical debt as necessary.
- Effectively communicating the solution architectures to business andtechnology colleagues responsible for materialising the design.
Yourresponsibilities will include:
- Workingwith Enterprise Architecture colleagues to create and update standards insupport to Solution Architecture demand.
- Maintainingthe integrity of Enterprise Architecture information and roadmaps.