|Job Type:||Full Time|
First Travel Solutions are recruiting a Supplier Engagement Officer, supporting the Key Account Manager on a field basis in the South West area.
The role will entail providing effective and proactive operational management of FTS contracts, ensuring services are provided within agreed terms and conditions and the service level agreements. Building good working relationships with taxi operators and the FTS internal Vehicle Supply and Operator Compliance teams along with supporting our Rail and Air operations as required.
Supplier management and compliance:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of client operations to facilitate the contract and service level agreement being met
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the contract terms and service level agreements and continually develop innovative strategies to best fulfil the requirements
- Effectively manage and control the relationship between FTS and taxi operators and their key contacts.
- To negotiate and undertake pricing discussions with suppliers where required to ensure value for money and margin optimisation
- Manage customer station permit process. Engage with suppliers and supplier associations through face to face and remote meetings. Dealing with issues in a productive and open manner
- Work with FTS's internal Vehicle Supply and Operator Compliance teams to implement a supplier auditing programme to drive performance improvements to ensure that taxi operators are prioritised and audited against required criteria, including punctuality, driver standards and vehicle standards.
- Develop and monitor effective action plans to follow up on outcomes of internal and external, audits and mystery shops.
- Work closely with the Vehicle Supply and Operator Compliance teams to ensure that all new approved suppliers meet all necessary supplier criteria, contract T&Cs and SLAs.
- Continually network with key operators through regular visits, communications and events to build effective relationships and improve operator engagement. Ensure records are kept and document meeting outcomes and output.
- Support the Key Account Manager, providing content and updates as required to feed into monthly client contract review meetings and performance reviews.
- Develop and implement new initiatives to improve operator engagement and standards of operation
- Support and champion the FTS continuous improvement ethos (ISO accreditation)
- To liaise with our Operations and Compliance teams to identify process and workflow improvements to improve client satisfaction and efficiency.
- To attend all internal Operations meetings (H&S, Supplier Management, Operations Managers) to embed the role and ensure full integration of assigned taxi contracts. At times these meetings will be held at Head Office in Accrington
- To provide support as necessary to one-off major sporting/corporate event operations where required
- To be flexible in the duties you carry out, which may vary from time to time depending on the needs of the business and your team
- Support the Client Account Director as required
- Work with the FTS team to manage the complaints process ensuring that all complaints received are recorded and reported on for discussion at Operations meetings.
- Follow up and close all complaints within agreed timescales.
- Identify root causes and trends, devise and carry out appropriate action plan to avoid any future reoccurrences.
Who are we looking for?
- Able to engage and influence others
- Solution focused
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong commercial awareness and evidence of business acumen
- Ability to create and analyse reports
- Self motivated and able to work in a stand-alone role
- Conducting audits, assessments and/or mystery shops
- Operational management
- Within a multi-agency environment
- Taxi industry experience is desired but not essential
If you feel this sounds like the opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
FTS welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.