|Job Type:||Full Time|
Server Programmer (Media Molecule)
This is an opportunity to work for one of our Studios, Media Molecule.
As a programmer at Media Molecule, you will be part of the server team where you will focus on building online server experiences in collaboration with client-side teams. Working with Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for developing compelling player experiences to help expand the ambition of Dreams.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with cross discipline client-side teams to improve upon and scale new and existing social metagame features.
- Design, develop and support high performance online services with a focus on metagame and monetisation.
- Improve and iterate on low level networking systems.
- Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to ensure server and game performance goals are met.
- Work closely with other Programmers, Production, Analytics and QA to ensure code shipped is high quality.
- Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch.
- Experience with golang, C# or C++
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of common networking protocols. e.g. HTTP, TCP
- Interest in games.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in Windows/Linux environments