About the Role
Abcam is looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead on delivering intuitive, customer focused e-commerce experiences across desktop and mobile. Working in partnership with our Lead Production Designer, UX Researcher and Subject Matter Experts, you be working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, delivering value across agile sprints.
As a member of the Abcam Digital Product Team, you’ll be in good company working alongside a multi-disciplinary team with expertise honed at recognized leading brands. Key responsibilities include;
- Experience of implementing research methods; usability testing, user interviews, persona development, card sorting. We’re looking for someone who can identify what information the project requires and twin this with appropriate methods and activities
- Ability to design and simplify complex user journeys/flows, utilising and translating customer research and feedback
- Ability to lead on UX design (not visual/UI) from flows to wireframes, using collaborative design tools, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to support parallel workstreams that operate in a fast-paced agile environment, whilst understanding the importance of timely delivery
- Proven record designing best practice experiences, using a mix of design capability and collaboration
- Demonstrate brand consistency, working with design systems and aligning design output to global guidelines
- Collaboration on sprint planning, leading on UX priorities and requirements with Product Owners
- Experience empathizing with and representing the user during the design process
- Naturally proactive, identifying and proposing continuous improvement across current and new projects
- Proven experience with facilitation of customer research and User-Centered Design methods. Utilising output to propose solutions that address user pain-points and support key metrics
- Degree in UX Design, Interaction Design or related field
- Working as a senior UX Designer, on a large ecommerce environment preferred (or similar)
- Excellent communication skills to convey design ideas and requirements
- Experience with Figma, Zeplin, design systems, Sketch or similar
- Experience working with external vendors and/or agencies in an agile environment, whilst understanding the value of an iterative process
- We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our UX recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please include a link to your portfolio, prototypes and/or drawings, which reflects a strong understanding of UX research, interaction and the requirements above.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.