|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and non-profit organizations.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) is a division within the Commercial Bank’ Global Services department, which supports clients in Corporate & Investment Bank; Asset Management; Commercial Banking and Business Banking. The group consists of approximately 2,200 employees and is responsible for 300,000 loans in excess of $500 billion.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
CB – Transaction Management Specialist – Loan & Traditional Trade Finance – Associate
The transaction management team is known as Credit Products Delivery team, a middle office transaction management partner for clients of the Global Corporate Bank, Commercial Bank and Global Trade Businesses. Credit Products Delivery provides expertise in the negotiation of legal documentation and end-to-end transaction management for Loan and Traditional Trade Finance products. The Credit Products Delivery team partners closely with JPMorgan's Coverage teams, as well as external legal counsel and syndicate banks.
- Deliver best-in-class documentation negotiation and transaction management of loan and trade facilities and related transaction documentation. Maintain oversight of the deal closing process
- Review and negotiate legal documentation across core corporate lending categories, with a focus on bilateral and syndicated working capital / term loan facilities and traditional trade finance facilities for EMEA clients, with a sound knowledge of both LMA and market standards
- Liaising with internal/external counsel to provide transaction documentation
- Draw on expertise to help suggest solutions for appropriate stakeholders (Corporate Bankers, Trade Finance Sales, Credit, Tax, etc) as necessary, ensuring they are brought into the debate in a timely manner to reach a resolution
- Manage controls framework, reporting and escalation for transaction execution; including preparing and coordinating documentation deviations and approvals during negotiations
- Actively contribute to the team’s reporting and WLS wider projects & initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of Loan (in particular LMA Bilateral and Syndicated Facilities) and Traditional Trade Products (Indemnity Agreements, Letters of Credit, Guarantees)
- An understanding of credit execution, transaction management, credit products and banking processes
- Ability to identify problems and escalate these promptly
- Excellent coordination skills and a strong control mindset
- Good organization skills, and ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, including strong prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact professionally and confidently with the Front Office globally
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic
- Set high standards of performance for self
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc), Word and PowerPoint
- Whilst not essential, language skills welcomed (Spanish, German, Italian, French, Arabic)