|Job Type:||Full Time|
Email, SMS and push notifications are critical communications channels to deliver our award winning journalism to our Subscribers and Registered users. Be this as part of our newsletter products which have grown to become as important as our core website, apps and print newspaper or as part of our customer lifecycle communications helping our users get the most out of their subscriptions.
This role has complete technical oversight of email and our key MarTech systems supporting this. This includes management of the email creation process using Taxi for Email, data and process management in Adobe Campaign and all dependent technologies.
Leading and developing a small team of MarTech engineers, this is a key position in a new, fast-paced and forward-thinking team. As the team is new we’re excited for the potential this offers someone to come in and make their mark in an area where we are seeing increased focus and investment.
You’ll also have technical freedom to help build on our newsletter products and lifecycle communications to ensure they are dynamic, personalised and enabled by the latest marketing technology to be at the cutting edge of what can be done through our communication channels.
- Complete technical oversight of the email delivery process, from creation, delivery to analysis. This includes management of the email platform and all dependent technologies.
- Management and development of the email support team.
- Building and managing bespoke solutions using primarily Adobe Campaign, but also other MarTech and API technologies. Examples of such projects include (but not limited to)
- Develop a solution for a promotional landing page, storing data in an Adobe Campaign table and sending an automated email with a unique voucher code
- Develop a solution for an automated email send triggered by an API call
- Develop a script to call a recommendations engine via an API and add that content into an email to be sent automatically
- Automate daily data imports, connecting Adobe Campaign to Salesforce via API
- Proactively investigate and propose solutions to business challenges such as 3rd party integration with email, ingesting new data feeds, enhanced functionality in email templates.
- Managing stakeholders and internal deadlines by developing and managing agile delivery plans
- Keeping internal stakeholders up to date on project progress via regular meetings, emails and reports
- Providing technical expertise and support, including troubleshooting ad-hoc issues.
- Represent Technology to the internal departments. For example, supporting during outages and upgrades to platforms.
- Being a central point of contact for technical queries with our Adobe and our data agency
- Developing and documenting robust QA processes regarding technical changes in Adobe Campaign
- Research and experiment to push the standard of our emails, to ensure they are at the forefront of the industry for email design and development
- Advise the wider design team and colleagues from other departments on best practice
- Strong HTML, CSS for email development is a must
- Knowledge of design software for email production (Photoshop/Illustrator / Sketch)
- Expertise with industry knowledge of a range ESP’s
- Knowledge of email delivery tools such as ReturnPath and Litmus
- Strong understanding of cross-browser/email clients, their issues, solutions and best practices
- Strong knowledge of responsive design
- An enthusiasm to learn and a genuine passion for all things email
- A good problem solver, with the ability to identify and solve issues quickly
- Highly organised, able to meet set deadlines and manage priorities
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.