|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We’re now looking for a Project Manager to join the Business Development team within Platform Implementation. This team is responsible for supporting our commercial team in creating new international partnerships, and acting as the subject matter expert on our solution and how we can tailor it to specific clients effectively and feasibly. This team has expert knowledge of our solution, understands the fulfilment strategy and commercial needs of prospective clients and owns all aspects of the client journey from contact to contract, including pulling together technically detailed bid proposals.
The Project Manager takes accountability of new CFC proposals from first contact through to handover to the Platform Implementation delivery team, and due to the client-facing nature of the role, will be required to travel internationally regularly, as per project needs.
What will you be doing?
- Representing Ocado Solutions as a technical subject matter expert, with presentations and tours of our automated fulfilment solution
- Supporting relationships with senior international client stakeholders and director-level decision makers
- Responding to detailed information requests in a commercially astute way
- Translating complex data and engineering into appealing and focussed material
- Analysis of client-specific business or operational metrics
- Cross-functional stakeholder management to deliver realistic, profitable and successful bid proposals
- Ownership of key CFC contractual schedules - from exploratory phase, to project deep dive, to contractual due diligence and negotiation
- Project management of bid support process - development of project plans, budgets, risk registers, gateway approval papers
- STEM background - either in education or technical/technology/engineering project management roles
- Demonstrable project management experience in industry or consulting experience
- Project management skills and knowledge
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Leadership of cross-functional projects
- Evidenced analytical capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven, proactive problem solver with a logical mind
- Can “make things happen”- is passionate, energetic, driven and self-starting
- Ability to prioritise, with a flexible and outcome focussed approach
- Willingness to travel overseas when required
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…