|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
We are looking for an Engineering Supplier Quality Manager for the product line who will ensure that the business’ products and services meet customer expectations and that suppliers continue to develop and implement best practice in manufacturing and quality standards while minimising quality costs.
What will you be doing?
- Implement a product quality strategy for product line
- Identify and Establish KPI metrics for the manufacturing quality of respective product line
- Monitor and analyse supplier performance, addressing non-performance to achieve the required outcomes.
- Lead a small team in the qualification of new processes to create manufacturing specifications that can be used by suppliers and that suppliers can be validated against. Collaborate across peer groups to ensure consistency between product groups in approach
- Monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance, understanding any commercial issues and impacts
- Establish and maintain appropriate stakeholder and supplier relationships to identify and minimise risk, resolve issues as they arise
- Manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions process of supplier quality issues
- Manage quality requirements during new product introduction projects and manage customer quality issues
- Deliver best in class TCQ (total cost of Quality).
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and expectations.
- Support capital projects and justify business cases to achieve agreed supply chain strategy - NPI and supplier roll out
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges and opportunities across products and projects
- Undertake specific team and departmental tasks. Initiating, planning, consulting on and managing process change, project managing specific developments; taking part and leading process improvement and other projects
- Management of geographically diverse and matrixed teams
- Strong communicator at all levels, Senior stakeholders through to shop floor, especially communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Commercial awareness and management with the ability to read situations and understand commercial and contractual impact
- Management within a technical department, setting direction and delivering with excellence
- Comfortable and experienced in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes, standards etc. (e.g. Machinery Directive, CDM 2015 etc.)
- Demonstrate a balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
- Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Experience of global manufacturing projects, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Experience of working within a Project Team Environment.
- Experience of deploying Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, SPC, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications
- Technical / Engineering qualification to degree level in a relevant field or relevant experience.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……