|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan has operated in Europe for nearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Within the region, J.P. Morgan has an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. As our largest operation outside of the U.S., our regional head office in London is complemented by a strong regional footprint, with offices in more than 30 countries across the region. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), which consists of Banking and Markets and Investor Services, supports a broad range of corporations, investors, institutions, governments and municipal entities by providing strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations.
J.P. Morgan’s Investment Banking department advises clients on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, capital raisings, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, JVs, corporate defence assignments, restructurings and reorganizations.
The J.P Morgan Natural Resources Group (Oil & Gas, Metals & Mining) Corporate Finance team is composed of a team of professionals with very strong client relationships across a broad range of leading companies. This position is for the Metals and Mining vertical.
As a seasoned Investment Banking professional, you’ll have experience developing strong relationships with corporates and financial institution clients and working across different products. You’ll work on deals and transaction across the spectrum of our banking products, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, loans, and equity capital and debt capital raises.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Acting as the primary day-to-day client point of contact and lead banker on deals
- Reviewing and coordinating the analytic work of junior bankers to move marketing/execution process forward
- Experience in training junior bankers
- Refining marketing/execution materials for maximum client impact
- Overseeing the creation of financial projection models
- Identifying and managing all risks in a given deal
- Liaising with other internal and external parties on transactions (eg. lawyers, accountants, counterparties)
- Leading client negotiations, Q&A process and management interviews
- Strong Investment Banking Metals & Mining experience
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients and people in a professional and mature manner
- Exceptionally strong financial modelling/valuation skills
- Very strong analytical / numeracy skills
- Team Player
- Industry knowledge/interest
- High level of attention to detail and time management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related subject
- Client management skills and ability to create a relationship with clients is essential.
Investment Banking (GIB)
Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, to provide comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view on our relationships, and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $420 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.