|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for an exceptional IT Systems Engineer to help unify GoCardless systems and provide our customers with a fantastic integrated, secure and reliable experience.
To enable and empower everyone at GoCardless to do their best work through innovation - with simple, reliable tools wrapped in world class support
The IT Team at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one, we act with people’s best interest at heart: we enable GoCardless’ employees’ to focus on what matters most to them either automating daily needs or enabling them to self-serve, we provide them with the best tools to do their best work in autonomy.
As an IT Systems Engineer focused on Identity Services, you will be owning the entire lifecycle (from inception to implementation and scaling) to enable GoCardless’s growth allowing our systems to scale, in the space of authentication and authorization to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate would be able to analyse, design and execute projects that integrate our systems with an identity service along with maintaining and improving them on an ongoing basis. You would be exceptional at capturing data, identifying patterns and making decisions. As part of a growing team that takes pride in the ownership of IT Engineering and integrations.
In this role you will
- Design, implement and manage the Identity Directory and Services
- Implement technologies (SAML, SCIM, etc) to centrally integrate systems across the business
- Streamline and improve customer experiences from their first to their last day
- Adding access controls to applications, maintain and update roles in the directory
- Expertly manage access and permissions in our ID service provider
- Reduce toil on common operations through automation
- Create and maintain documentation to new systems and processes
- Be a key partner to maintain and implement security standards together with our Security team
You will also be a contributor to
- Enabling context aware device security and zero-trust, with the BeyondCorp being the goal model for our customers and services
- Champion the implementation of Multi Factor Authentication across the business
Our current technology stack is comprised of this and more
- Google Workspace
- Atlassian Suite
- OKTA/Onelogin (we are still evaluating which product is best for us)
What we have to offer
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers and individual contributors, opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Who we're looking for
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience deploying, managing and/or supporting a centralised Directory/Identity Service like OKTA/OneLogin or similar
- You are passionate about ID services, understand how they work and can explain these in simple terms
- You are familiar with Role Based Access Control, IAM and BeyondCorp concepts
- You have experience in one or more general purpose languages (Shell, Python, etc)
- You care deeply about outstanding user experience
- You enjoy solving hard and complex problems
- You like to build automation to reduce toil, based on data
- You have a passion for open source projects
- You’re a team player and enjoy working towards a common mission
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. Even if your experience doesn’t tick all of the boxes, please apply - we’d love to hear from you.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.