|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, and highly technical issues using mostly code-level techniques - like trace and source code analysis, debugging tools, reverse engineering techniques and other sophisticated diagnostic tools. EEs are responsible for driving Product Engineering engagement. They handle highly complex politically charged and financially important cases through collaboration and conflict resolution skills and act as key collaboration point for support teams.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
This role is available in multiple locations.
- Handle highly complex, political, financial, executive level cases - as business demands
- Key collaboration point for advanced troubleshooting to unblock issues - including the use of code-level techniques
- Manage engagement with Product Engineering for Support-raised escalations
- Work alongside Serviceability and engineering teams as trusted advisor to improve incident resolution or service deficiency
- Drive process, tool, service delivery and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (incl. Diagnostics)
- Provide ramp activities for junior engineers, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
Required qualifications & experience:
- 5+ years in a customer facing service role in any capacity
- 5+ Years of experience in Dynamics AX/F&O implementations and technical deployments
- 5+ years of experience in 3 or more of the following areas:
- Environment deployments and monitoring in Azure or other Cloud management Systems
- Understanding of SysInternals tools – Process Monitor, Process Explorer
- Programming skills are useful, preferably in C++ or C# development - basic knowledge (ability to read code and write simple programs)
- Understanding of IIS, troubleshooting website issues/HTTP responses
- Network debugging skills (Fiddler, Network Monitor / Wireshark / Message Analyzer)
- Understanding of data management and migration concepts
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows and/or Linux)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Active Directory
- Working experience of Visual Studio, SharePoint or Exchange
Experience in following areas is beneficial:
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- Exposure and experience working with customers on the Cloud, e.g. Microsoft Cloud products or other Cloud Management System
- Current Microsoft IT Certification preferred (Ex. MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCTS)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.