Last updated 32 minutes ago
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our Team in Leeds as an Application Design Engineer , working on Digital solutions .
In this role you will take technical ownership during the development and deployment of integrated intelligent solutions within our EcoStruxure Segment.
This role would suit someone with an agile mindset, who is keen to work on solutions to enhance the communication, monitoring and control capability of our existing distribution equipment.
- Review technical specifications and where appropriate, the preparation of functional design specifications
- Develop and foster relationships with our customers and their technical representatives
- Prepare programmable software logic files in order to meet the requirements of the specification and integration with other operating systems
- Design of the project communication architecture and preparation of IEC61850 programme files
- To collaborate with other Application Design Engineers and automation partners during the tendering and execution phases to achieve successful integration between interconnected equipment and devices
- In collaboration with our customers and the plant, prepare and execute FAT processes and documentation
- To work on possible improvements via technical design and innovation in order enhance the competitiveness, quality and profitability of our equipment offer
- Maintain a high-level understanding across the breadth of our equipment, devices and packages and keep up-to-date with technology and market demands
- Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in a similar role with experience in programming of protection devices and automation control interfaces via IEC61850 and Modbus protocol
- Possess extensive knowledge of programming protection and control devices associated with medium voltage switchgear
- Be able to build a good customer relationship, and a strong collaboration within our internal teams too
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.