|Job Type:||Full Time|
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The FAST team sits within the Wholesale Payments Technology Account Services team, which is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). This is a Strategic multi-year investment working on multiple use cases at the cutting edge. Hence we are looking for passionate Software Engineers in order to build our new capabilities and extend our existing capabilities. In return, the candidate will be able to gain experience of full-stack development using a modern technology stack, and in the process gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- A willingness to actively particulate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices, continuous availability.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
- A strong background in Java and developing Spring Boot applications is essential.
- Experience in building high performing REST API
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational DBMS
- Experience of Continuous Integration technologies, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Mocks, JMeter, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- Performance optimization and experience with tools like JVisualVM
- Experience with Kubernetes and over all understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Nice to have experience in NoSQL database systems