|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a multi-billion dollar worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth, global search engine, Bing.
The Global Search Sales group empowers the largest agencies and advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid Search/Native advertising on the Microsoft Advertising platform. We are seeking a top performing Global Agency Director to maximize Search/Native advertising investment on the Microsoft Advertising platform, as well as partner cross-segment on digital transformation initiatives to support agencies in delivering differentiated value to their clients.
This global role will lead a book of large, Independent Agency partnerships at Microsoft Advertising. The role works ‘in-service-to’ the Global Sales teams, leveraging senior client relationships to foster local market investment growth; as well as ‘connecting dots’ across Microsoft to support the agencies to realize their digital transformation goals.
This role will also be responsible for identifying and nurturing relationships with ‘new influencers’ in the eco-system, including digital practices within consulting firms, ‘in-housing’ specialists and so on.
Key responsibilities include to:
- Nurture trusted and valued relationships with the most senior leadership layers of each agency group across North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
- Hold accountability for meeting/exceeding functional Search/Native advertising global revenue target.
- Develop holistic (Search/ Native + cross-Microsoft) annual Joint Business Plan (JBP) with a semi-annual refresh of investment targets; leverage external scalable tools/ frameworks to measure Search/Native KPI’s (investment, feature adoption, # accreditations etc); drive reporting rigor (eg. quarterly business reviews) to foster frequent and intentional conversation around joint accountability; ‘test and learn’ initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with North America ‘Independent Agencies’ counterpart, fostering a partnership which ‘builds on the success of others’ and ‘leverages the success of others’.
- Function in an ‘in-service-to’ capacity with Global Sales, and partner closely with Global Sales leaders to align on strategy and initiative implementation for Independent Agencies.
- Partner with other functional teams (Marketing, Analytics & Insights, Sales Excellence, Operations, Global Partner Service) to ensure full leverage of available resources/ budgets/ tools etc to drive partnership value.
- Foster and promote the cross-segment ‘One Microsoft’ agenda, leveraging the broader Microsoft stack to support the independent agencies in driving internal process transformation as well as differentiated value for clients through product innovation; build connective tissue between Microsoft Advertising, Commercial Enterprise, Microsoft Consulting Services and One Commercial Partner and show up externally as one holistic ‘Microsoft’.
- Drive an entrepreneurial culture, identifying ways to leverage the resources sitting outside Microsoft Advertising (Cloud Solution Architects; Account Technology Strategists, Digital Architects, Customer Success Managers, Data & AI Leads, Modern Workplace Leads, Biz Apps Leads, Global Business Managers, as well as LinkedIn) to augment/ create new (joint) revenue streams with the independent agencies, where relevant.
- Operate at the ‘tip of the spear’, immersing in industry shifts (consultancies; in-housing etc) and competitive offerings, and work in partnership with the Operations organization, to bring an ‘outside-in’ perspective, framing new sales initiatives and recommendations as needed.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the industry; act as an ambassador and spokesperson for Microsoft Advertising in the advertising and media community, and the press.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven experience in digital media / Search Engine Marketing sales/service with focus on agencies required.
- Expertise driving broader digital transformation initiatives with agencies/ brands advantageous
- Organizational agility/savvy to lead across functions, markets and segments; building alignment and identifying win-win opportunities (ie. impact through influence).
- Experience in a global role and/or non-US local market role preferred.
- Adept at comprehending local market nuances but also identifying cross-market commonalities to drive scale.
- Experience within a large competitive digital media publishing organization highly valued.
- Proven track record in nurturing trusted C-level relationships; possessing a high degree of executive maturity, integrity and accountability.
- Experience in structuring partnership agreements and deals; including the formulation of rebates/ incentives
- Puts customer obsession at the core; demonstrating a deep and current understanding of the advertising agency ecosystem; shifting pivots of influence; and mobilizing around business outcomes for the agency/ client rather than siloed Microsoft products.
- Consistently demonstrates a ‘growth mindset’; embracing continuous learning; challenging the status quo, being brave, demonstrating an insatiable curiosity, leaning in to uncertainty, taking smart risks, owning failures and rapidly iterating from them.
- Strong strategic thinker. Prior experience in developing functional business strategies.
- Strong public speaker, talented storyteller, active listener and cross-cultural communicator.
- Positive, can-do spirit and proactive problem solver who can effectively navigate the ambiguity and complexities related to local/ regional/ global ‘client management’.
- Proven track record as an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive culture, where everyone could bring their full and authentic selves; where all voices were heard; and where the team could do their best work as a result.
- Able to travel globally anticipated, although requirements will be assessed post-Covid.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.