|Job Type:||Full Time|
Post Trade Technology is one of the main pillars of the Corporate & Investment Bank’s Technology group, managing billions of transactions for the wholesale business and are responsible for post trade Clearing, Settlement, Margin & Collateral Management, Securities Processing, Finance and Accounting. Post trade is also responsible to perform Analytics on data and providing meaningful MIS for Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office, Regulatory and various other divisions for the firm.
The Functional / Information Architecture team’s role is critical to Post-Trade Technology’s success. Its key objectives include:
- Define and align platforms built within post-trade technology to the business functions it serves
§ Consolidate platforms and standardize data representation to simplify processes and enable reuse
§ Adopt canonical models to reduce multiple data stores, reconciliations
§ Align and centralize functionality across business and asset classes where possible
A key area of focus is UxM (Unified <domain> Model), the logical representation of data required to support JPMorgan’s business capability for Data in Motion. The primary intent is to standardize the data representation of trades, settlements, valuations, etc. across the firm, focusing on all Corporate and Investment Bank asset classes. The adoption of canonical models is foundational to a number of strategic transformation programs within the bank. UxM is to be used to develop interface definitions across applications.
Working alongside our data modelers and business and technology partners, define across the range of Corporate and Investment Bank products:
- Aligned key business functions across various lines of business to singular platform solutions
- Gather functional and business requirements, analyze complex and nuanced current and target state data flows, operating models and platforms
- Define the entities and attributes necessary to provide a business definition of each product
- How a trade will be represented at each stage in its lifecycle including initial capture and booking, settlement, valuation, all the way through to ledger posting.
- Ensure that the same concept is modelled in the same way across the Corporate and Investment Bank and prevent unnecessary divergence
- Facilitate input from Operations and other line of business teams to ensure the output is grounded in the reality of business products and how they are processed
- Requirements gathering for modelling of new products / business functions, and enhancements to existing products / business functions
- Lead workshops engaging modelers, the business, and technology peers to agree modelling per product / business function
- Synthesize functions / business requirements and working alongside Technology teams to translate those requirements into high-level data and Technology platform selection choices
4. Lead review sessions that ensure consistency of modelling across the Corporate and Investment Bank
- The individual will not be directly authoring data models, but will need to engage with their detail - ensuring specific entities and attributes are defined and used consistently and appropriately
- Perform sampling and analysis of data and usage across critical applications
- Model evaluation with primary users and user groups
- Build out a business function inventory with available associated platforms available, and identification of any gaps
What we are looking for:
1. Business knowledge of a broad range of Derivatives and/or Securities products and their lifecycles (e.g. order management and execution, risk management, trade capture, settlements, confirmations, position-keeping, accounting, regulatory reporting, etc.)
2. Knowledge of industry standard models such as FpML
- Detailed analytical approach; logical, precise thinker; clear and concise communications
- Understanding of relational data concepts and ability to read and interpret class/relational models (preferably using MagicDraw or Erwin)
- Knowledge of processes of other industry players/applications such as clearing houses, confirmation platforms, market data providers etc.
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with Operations, Finance and Technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
- Experience with Business Process Models, or UML Behavioral Diagrams, or other formalized documentation of functional behavior would be ideal
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.