|Job Type:||Full Time|
Application Support / Production Support Analyst – Equities (Linux/Unix and SQL)
This position is for an experienced applications support resource that will be tasked to demonstrate technical and operational expertise to the EMEA Equities businesses of JPMorgan. This role requires working as part of the Execution Services Technology team, which works closely with both Technology and Business partners to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised on a day to day basis. The Equities businesses deal in a range of activities including algorithmic trading of equities to risk management of complex exotic products, with the help of several integrated applications.
This role is part of the Execution Services Production Management team. The Execution Services technology suite underpins the Equities and FX Electronic Trading businesses, and Sales & Trading businesses. It is complex in nature and requires very strong technical skills to successfully support the proprietary technology. The key success criteria are: day-to-day support of order routing / risk / market data problems, daily application releases, management of crisis events, and compliance with the eTrading Controls agenda and Market Access regulatory requirements.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Front Office / Middle Office applications.
- Support applications for end to end trade lifecycle including algorithmic trading, trade execution and booking, market data, risk management, etc.
- Establish working relationships with other members of the Production Management team within region, other regions and across the wider organization as appropriate.
- Work with Application Development (AD) teams to implement identify fixes to improve stability, reduce operational risk, and reduce manual tasks and ‘touches to production’.
- Help in defining capacity and resiliency requirement metrics and failover/BCP capabilities in partnership with business and AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
- Help monitor and improve monitoring of the trading application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
- Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with the businesses, AD, and other team members.
- Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners. Ensure detailed Post Mortem reviews with AD partners and log follow up actions in HPSM for Problem Management.
- Engage with project teams through the SDLC of new applications to ensure successful onboarding into Production Management.
- Participate in weekend activities such as disaster recovery testing and application releases.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience in production support in the financial services industry
- Equities and Derivatives product knowledge is desirable
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong experience in supporting Sales and Trading, and Risk and Trade management platforms
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with Sybase and Oracle databases)
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux essential)
- Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skills required
- Strong working knowledge of ITRS monitoring system
- Strong Perl and Shell scripting skills
- Strong knowledge of networking, connectivity and low latency trading
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills; team leadership experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, providing clear problem descriptions
- Proven complex problem solving/management skills and a strong eye for detail
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
- Exhibit leadership behaviour which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Technology is desirable
CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank)
- Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
- The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
© 2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.