|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateTuesday 09 March 2021
Salary Range£58,941 - £65,490
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryAs below
We’re building the bank of the future and developing the next generation of digital banking solutions securely
The Chief Security Office (CSO) plays a vital role in delivering Lloyds Banking Group's vision of putting customers at the heart of everything we do, helping Britain prosper, and protecting the Group and its customers and suppliers from security threats
What you'll be doing...
In this meaningful role, you'll operate as a functional specialist and lead the provision of a comprehensive Incident Response service; leading assigned team members and virtual teams as appropriate
Other responsibilities include
- The delivery of key services to IT Security Operations (Digital Forensics, Security Incident Response, Malware analysis. Threat hunting, Operational Management, Service Level Management, Process Design)
- Ensure all service elements are handled for performance, risk and cost
- Ensure skilled, timely and effective support to live security issues.
- Plan and maintain own tasks to fit anticipated support requirements (and others where appropriate) with overall priorities assigned by the Senior Manager
- Actively coach more junior members of the team, supporting colleagues in personal development, to ensure maximum contribution.
- Handle and influence a diverse group of senior partners as required to deliver BAU services
- Provide advice and mentorship around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice to the team and across IT Security Operations.
- Drive continuous improvement through consultancy, facilitation and coaching of colleagues in the required tools and techniques, delivering year on year improvements to services.
What we're looking for...
Are you someone who already has a strong understanding of Incident Response and looking to take your career to the next level? If yes, we value the following:
- Validated Cyber Security Specialist with in depth knowledge of complex Cyber Security processes and/ or technical requirements such as incident response, forensics and/or intelligence and industry related best practice
- Confirmed ability to handle risk successfully and implement appropriate mitigating strategies
- Recognised SME in two of the following disciplines: DDoS mitigation; Malware analysis; Insider Threat; Forensics.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in any SIEM toolset (e.g. Splunk).
- Commercial experience of performing computer forensics investigations
- Experience of developing and implementing Cyber Threat Detection and Hunting processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience of dealing with security threats from both internal and external sources
- Holds one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISMP, GIAC, SANS or other security related qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS).
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) able to easily communicate difficult or sensitive messages to end users and deal with a mixture of user responses
Out of hours working to cover change and 24x7 call out may be required.
Together we make it possible
In return, you’ll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to software development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time for our Cloud transformation appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.