Head of Platforms and Tooling
Business area and overview of role
Data and Architecture Office (DAO) was formed in early 2020, bringing together some of the critical services which are used by all GBGFs into one organisation. Established to transform HSBC into a truly data-driven organisation by ensuring that every design decision has a built-in data consideration. As DAO we will provide leadership that enables data and analytics to be a key driver of our business strategy. Working closely to partnership with senior stakeholders and delivery teams all over the world to connect the business processes, data, products, services, and technology that underpin customer value and financial success. At the same time, we’ll work to drive consistency and simplification of our architecture.
Group wide lead for architecture of data centric platforms and tooling. This role ensures the group maintains a standard set of tooling and platforms that deliver business value, with an appropriate cost of ownership with a governed set of technology.
What you will be doing;
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Determines the appropriate tooling and technology to meet pre-determined capabilities for all data centric platforms and tools, group wide
- Supports the GB/GF architects and engineers to design and build data centric solutions
- Leads the design review of platforms to ensure they adhere to HSBCs data architecture principles and manages dispensations and impact of technical debt
Leadership & Teamwork
- Understanding of the group wide tooling and platforms, providing thought leadership and industry best practice to the architecture and engineering community
- Promote and communicate data architecture strategy and standards that relate to tooling and platforms