|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our successful Foundations and Geotechnics team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects. You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within foundations and geotechnics. You'll deliver various geotechnical and underground structures projects and provide technical leadership through leading the team and managing their design work. You'll also support larger projects acting as client liaison and contributing to risk assessments, employing sustainability and undertaking budgeting and cost control.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design foundations and substructures associated with large underground spaces such as deep basements and shafts, metro boxes, earthworks and slope stability
- Design retaining wall systems and major temporary works associated with underground structures
- Lead in 2D and 3D numerical modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures
- Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings
- Managing small single disciplinary design teams
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in ground engineering and geotechnics, you are able to direct and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget. You've designed various geotechnical and foundation solutions using current standards and Eurocodes and have previously worked on major projects. You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to liaise with various clients and build professional relationships. You are comfortable with your technical expertise in the ground engineering sector and have gained various project management skills throughout your career as well as acted in a technical lead capability. You're an effective communicator and are able to collaborate with all levels of staff and clients. In addition to this, you are a team player and understand the dynamics of working with a team as well as working autonomously.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Masters or PhD degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on geotechnics
- Relevant geotechnical experience with a proven track record
- Chartered Engineer with the ICE or equivalent
- Experiencing of managing small teams of engineers
- Experience guiding and nurturing a team of Engineers in their technical development
- Has mentored junior engineers as a DE or SCE
- Advanced user of PLAXIS 2D and PLAXIS 3D numerical modelling software
- Prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed for any project
Although not essential, if you have knowledge and experience in programming/scripting (VBA, Python, etc.), this would be advantageous.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are also happy to accept applicants on a full-time or part-time basis and are supportive of agile working.