|Location:||Greater London, Reading, United Kingdom|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) helps customers transform the potential value of Microsoft cloud technologies into realized value for their businesses, employees and customers. We focus on showing what’s possible with the latest Microsoft technologies by building diverse and inclusive teams and collaborating across Microsoft to empower our customers to achieve more.
As our new Business Manager you will be a senior leader in the Microsoft Consulting Services organization who will have the opportunity to think strategically at a Western Europe level and work across a diverse set of senior leaders and stakeholders to enable business outcomes to be met. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build rhythm of the business, compelling presentations and comprehensive business review materials that span delivery, operations and business teams.
This role calls for a balance of leadership, influencing skills, people management and supportive individual contributions. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines and must be flexible, thriving in ambiguity and uncertainty. The Business Manager will provide the MCS team with strategic thought leadership, business planning leadership, oversight, framing and recommendations on organizational challenges, participate in overall strategy discussions, lead key strategic initiatives and facilitate business execution.
Business Strategy & Planning:
- Develop and drive annual strategic priority planning process
- Track progress and drive completion of actions across business in alignment with Leadership Team (LT) commitments and long-range financial plans
- Ensure budget, resourcing, and LT capacity is aligned to top business priorities
Leader and leadership team enablement:
- Develop and execute organization’s rhythm of business process
- Lead and manage the organization’s LT and staff meetings focused on clear outcomes
- Drive preparation and achieve outcomes for leader meetings, presentations, field visits, and internal/external engagements
- Represent the business in key stakeholder/customer engagements
- Serve as proxy for leader as needed
- Act as the Business Champion for Compliance.
- Support by the local Compliance champions in the subsidiaries, you are the primary point person to drive the Compliance agenda throughout your organization
- Execute employee award and recognition programs
- Drive employee engagement programs
- Understand voice of the organization and employee pulse
- Engage in and support employee listening programs to maximize employee in voice and increase employee listening and engagement
- Create a diverse and inclusive culture focused on increasing diverse representation, retention and improving inclusion
- Experience: 10+ years of professional experience in marketing, finance and/or business management plus 4+ years of people management experience, building, developing and retaining top professional talent, modeling diversity and inclusion behaviors, plus proven professional experience in program and project management
- Engagement expertise: Storytelling skills and passion for delighting customers, advocating on their behalf, creating great customer experiences and understanding the linkage between these experiences and business success
- Global leadership at scale, influence without authority: Experience leading/navigating large cross-functional teams is a critical skill for success
- Disruptive Innovation: Comfortable challenging the status quo by proposing innovative approaches and believe the best way to dispute an approach is to suggest a different one. Realizes that the best solutions are built with others, not in competition with them. Brings demonstrated experience proposing, creating, and managing executive level proposals and presentations
- Leading change that drives adoption: Experience with large-scale transformations and know that driving change is about bringing people and customers along on the journey, not telling them where to go
- Critical thinking and strategic insight based on data: Will challenge assumptions and current practices with a data-driven approach
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and awareness of the environment for opportunities
- Executive Relations: The ability to interact confidently with senior leaders of the organization to present/defend/clarify concerns or issues regarding an existing project, program, or solution. This includes the ability to confidently address difficult questions, handle push back from a high-level audience, and maintain an executive demeanor while engaging in difficult or sometimes high-pressure situations
- Location/Travel: You will be based in Western Europe, in the location of your choice. You can expect extended travel, aprox 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.