|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced civil engineer to join our water team based in Inverness.
As an experienced civil engineer, you will be responsible for the development of technical solutions, from feasibility stage, through various gateway design stages and ultimately delivery to the construction site.
Key elements of the role will include:
* Design of hydraulic structures
* Preparation of drainage designs
* Appraisal of flood schemes
* Design of flood alleviation schemes
* Negotiation and preparation of drainage consent applications
* Working within multi-disciplinary design teams in Water, Energy, Buildings and Infrastructure sectors
* Preparation of designs, studies, specifications and reports
* A degree in civil engineering along with previous experience on water and/or wastewater projects
* Chartered, or working towards chartered status (CEng/MICE)
* Experience of delivering technical aspects of civil projects across water/wastewater (including some or all of the following - flood defence schemes/ SUDS/ asset management/ drainage impact assessments/ sewage and treatment facilities)
* Excellent relationship building skills, able to work collaboratively with other units and divisions within the Mott MacDonald business
* The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to communicate and manage project milestones and deal with potential issues that may arise
* Good understanding of contractual issues and risks relating to delivery of projects
* Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of statutory, technical and environmental considerations and the ability to provide technical solutions to meet those obligations
For more information and to register your interest, please follow the apply link on this page.