|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
- Carry out detailed surveys of mechanical services and equipment to establish the extent, condition and operational status of existing installations and gain enough information to complete reports, findings and recommendations
- Production and review of detailed design calculations to support design proposals
- Production and review of detailed design drawings, layouts and schematics including heating, ventilation, LTHW, Chilled Water, specialist LEV and BMS installations
- Production and review of Specifications and plant schedules
- Support production of estimates of work elements including equipment and man hour costs
- Reporting of design progress and project management of commissions within agreed programmes
- Ensure compliance with construction (design and management) regulations
- Capable of being Client-facing
- Organising and arranging personal workload and activities
- Up to date knowledge of current building regulations current legislation and standards applicable in building\infrastructure design environments
- Experience using Hevacomp, Dialux, Amtech Power, AutoCAD and IES
- Revit knowledge and experience will be beneficial
- Must have initiative, self-motivation and the confidence to make decisions
- Good verbal communication skills
- A Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Recently chartered or actively working towards
- Preparation and review of documentation e.g. basis of designs, technical/design specifications, procurement specifications, assessment reports, survey reports, tailored to required stage of project completion, covering all aspects of electrical services
- Implementation of detailed surveys of electrical services and equipment to establish status of the existing installations and gain sufficient information to recommend new/upgrade design proposals
- Producing and reviewing electrical design drawings incl. small power, data, containment, lighting, fire detection and alarms, intruder detection, etc.
- Producing and reviewing detailed calculations
- Producing estimates of work elements including equipment and manhour costs
- Advising on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation, identify delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance
- Monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes
- Ensure compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, current legislation and standards associated with all engineering aspects of delegated project
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence