|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
About the team
We are looking for a new member of our Global Payment Partnership team to manage and grow our payments network. This role will be based in our London office.
Reporting to the Director of Global Payment Partnerships, you will be working closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales and Operations teams and be responsible for managing existing partnerships to enhance our product, build our industry relationships and enable our sales teams.
- Managing the relationships with our existing payment partners
- Negotiating pricing, processing limits and contract terms
- Working with our partners to complete annual due diligence reviews
- Being the internal and external bank to bank payments subject matter expert for your regions
- Understanding our customers' pain points and working proactively to remove friction
- Producing internal content and guides to enhance company knowledge
- Supporting our sales team on complex deal cycles
- Working on cross-functional projects, taking accountability for visibility and delivery
- Thinking out of the box and working with partners and scheme providers to originate new solutions to old problems
- Building an industry network to provide GoCardless with a local voice and influence
What we're looking for:
- A relationship management pro with experience managing payment partners
- A project management whizz; structured and excellent at delivering against deadlines. You have led successful projects where you were directly responsible for the outcome
- An excellent networker, able to build an industry presence and champion the business in the market
- Resilient, persistent - you don’t get discouraged even if partners and scheme providers move slowly
- You have experience negotiating pricing and contracts
- You understand a partner's due diligence processes and have successfully completed one of these in a previous role
- You understand the payments landscape in other countries
- You have strong research skills and enjoy solving complex problems
- You have excellent written skills and know how to create crisp, clear material for training and education
- You can understand and articulate technical solutions
- An ideal candidate would have experience dealing with electronic payment networks
This role will, in the future, involve some travel, and you should be willing to work across time zones.
Life at GoCardless
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until June 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.