|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Please note: We're all currently working remotely due to Covid-19. We hope to be back in the office later this year.
- Are you driven by a desire to help organisations in the Defence and Security sector achieve value for money through better procurement and sourcing arrangements?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems using logic, creativity and interpersonal skills to find appropriate solutions?
- Are you comfortable engaging with and becoming a trusted adviser to clients from all levels of seniority?
- Would you be keen to work collaboratively with diverse teams of experts and draw on your own experiences to develop and publicise sourcing and procurement insight that helps improvement public procurement?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others through leading teams important to you?
We are growing our Defence and Security team and are actively recruiting talented people with a passion for procurement and sourcing. As a Consultant at PA you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most significant and complex procurement challenges facing Defence and Security organisations in both the public and private sector in the UK and internationally. You will be trusted to work across diverse programmes with our clients, offering a rare opportunity to build unrivalled expertise and experience.
PA offers more than a job. We offer a career in consulting, a stake in our firm, and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong delivery experience from working on procurement and sourcing projects in the Defence and Security sector
- A proven ability to think creatively and solve complex procurement and sourcing problems
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A drive for personal and professional progression
- MCIPS, including work towards the qualification, is desirable
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Procurement strategy and capabilities
- Procurement operating models
- Supplier relationship management
- Supplier negotiations and contract development
- Category management
- Strategy sourcing and cost reduction
- Supply chain risk management
- Transactional procurement processes and systems
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org