|Job Type:||Full Time|
Continuous Improvement Engineer
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our central engineering team based in Andover, Hampshire in the UK.
As a CI engineer, you will provide technical guidance to drive continuous improvement initiatives using proven methodologies, in turn improving quality and efficiency and reducing costs. When required you will support the central training and technical teams whilst working closely with the engineering operations teams in the UK and internationally to further develop the OSP MHE kit.
Key customers and collaborators will include:
Senior Engineering Operations Manager, Engineering Team Leaders , Engineering Maintenance personnel, Operations Managers & Project Managers
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor KPI’s of all sites, manage exceptions and support all sites to plan and deliver remedial actions.
- Coordinate the capture of best practice and continuous improvement initiatives from all sites.
- Develop and drive continuous improvements to meet cost, quality and efficiency objectives.
- Liaise with Central Engineering to coordinate and manage the rollout of product changes (work packs) across all sites.
- Coordinate with Business Improvement and Technical Management to provide feedback and improvement suggestions to the Central Engineering and Product Development teams.
- Support sites with maintenance and repairs when needed.
- Lead RCA projects across all sites.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of lean methodologies and maintenance strategies.
- Some Project management experience is desirable
- Expert analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Exceptional technical & experienced hands-on ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an engineer.
- Experience working with robots and peripherals.
- Good understanding of DC motor controls, and servomotors.
- Understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Formal Engineering qualifications.
Business Competencies include:
- Interpersonal skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Flexible, time management
- Good communication and organisational skills
This role is working Monday - Friday covering core business hours within the day for an average of 42 hours per week.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.