|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking. J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
The Internal Client Advisor (ICA) makes up an integral part of the JPMAM, UK Funds, internal sales team. In partnership with a senior sales partner, the ICA will be responsible for the management of existing relationships as well as identifying new business opportunities with Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) and Discretionary Fund Managers (DFM) in a specific region within the UK.
The ICA will spend their time deepening existing and cultivating new relationships predominantly office based over the phone but also, if the opportunity arises, out in the region in person.
The key to success within the role will be the ability to work effectively in partnership with the senior sales partner and work in a consultative manor with clients to help them to achieve their goals and to deepen and expand the relationship with JPMAM.
- Work alongside a senior sales partner to deepen and broaden new and existing relationships with a panel of IFAs and DFMs within a set region in the UK
- Maintain high level of proactive and reactive activity with clients, predominantly over the phone
- Planning and attending client meetings as appropriate
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to aid in providing excellent service to clients
- Working in a consultative manor to help clients build stronger portfolios through use of our Market Insights and Portfolio Insights programs
- Build a thorough understanding of key investment strategies
- Successful ICA candidates will not only have a strong understanding of financial markets, but also are able to explain complex financial concepts in simple, repeatable terms.
- A minimum of 2 years financial sales experience with experience selling over the phone
- Proven track record of of success in selling Investment Management/financial products and relationship management
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organised
- Ability to demonstrate and develop industry and product knowledge
- Capacity to build relationships across entire organisation and with our partner firms
- Excellent knowledge of capital markets across a wide variety of asset classes and regions, e.g. Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives, Emerging Markets, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively leverage our global resources
Candidate must also demonstrate strong leadership abilities, including:
- Ability to drive sales results
- Focus and desire to increase and retain the firm's assets
- Drive to exceed activity and manage multiple territory priorities
- Ability to tell the "JPM story" clearly, concisely, and in a compelling way to create interest
- Ability to grow, develop and maintain working relationships with advisors
- Proficiency in the use our customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Effectiveness in presenting to financial advisors
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or a desire to study the IMC