Last updated 2 days ago
Head of Architecture – DBS
- Owns the design and development of DBS architecture and they are responsible for leading the operation of the global practice of architecture within their respective area.
- Understand and communicate what our Digital Business Services (DBS) customers want and need through utilising architecture solutions.
- Collaborate with Group DAO and business lines on the design of products, services, process, and technology solutions to fulfil DBS needs.
- Support the delivery of architecture solutions by ensuring proper implementation and execution of Group DAO principles, strategies, and standards.
- Providing technical architectural expertise, guidance and support on the implementation of the strategy within programmes and projects.
- Facilitating design reviews to govern adherence to the Architecture strategy and associated standards.
- Articulating and managing architectural risks and issues and adhering to architectural governance.
- Supporting the delivery of the regulatory agenda
- Supporting the delivery of a holistic and integrated DBS Architecture strategy.
What you will be doing;
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead and own the development and implementation of architecture strategy and standards.
- Accountable for the delivery of all aspects of the design and material decision making on major architectural activities.
- Accountable for the identification, mangement and remediation of material design issues associated with major architectural activities.
- Introduce new practices, processes, techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies. Act as the recognised technical expert associated with the relevant global DBS domain.
- Review services provided against DBS strategy and benchmark internally/externally as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of architecture / technology trends and advise DBS about potential benefits/impacts.
- Provide a consultancy role to DBS where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, provide full life cycle architectural guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Actively promote the benefits of architecture, accepted best practice techniques, standards and tools to other areas of the group and external suppliers where necessary.
- Ensure that the highest level of quality for all activities and products is provided.
- Manage a global team of architects within an architecture sub-function.
- Drive future state architecture execution in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Drive partnerships with technology vendors to influence industry direction.
- Represent HSBC at industry round table forums & conferences.
- Host internal and external communities of practice
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of staff and promotes understanding of the value of architecture and the appropriate use of technologies and standards across their aligned business/technology/product domain or portfolio.
- Be a prominent member withing the global architecture community.
- Build strong relationships with engineering and operations teams aligned to the relevant area, particularly the designers within these teams.
- Identify and develop architecture and design talent within DBS, DAO - both within directly managed teams and within other aligned teams.
- Responsible for leading the execution and operation of the global practice of architecture within DBS.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide leadership and consultancy to DBS to define their business level architecture strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners/functions to support the strategy
- Work with management team to mobilize implementation programs needed to deliver core functionality (process, people, and technology) across the organization
- Work at multiple levels of the organization: senior management to ensure alignment and support for the program as well as project teams responsible for execution and delivery
- Ability to implement the big picture strategic view once approved but also be able to dive into the detail to support the delivery of that vision
- Ability to translate technical plans/strategies into business benefits and gather business support for implementation