|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Digital Platform Services
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a team aligned to Digital Platform Services (DPS) Operations organization. Our team is responsible for accelerating and driving key programs across various lines of Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). This group works as a change delivery Services organization with a group of business analysts, project managers, test analysts, process re-engineering analysts supporting change across global locations.
Securities Services covering custody of client assets, trade instruction capture, settlements, asset servicing, cash management, complex assets custody, FX and transaction reporting areas.
We are executing a number of change programs to implement strategic architecture, working on simplified UI, comply with regulatory changes, and improve interaction between clients & custodian, reference data changes, enhanced client reporting across all areas amongst other change programs.
JPM is seeking a VP (603) to define Data Quality strategy for a critical Program. This individual will contribute to the following aspects of Data Strategy program.
Role Description: Data Quality Manager
- Design and delivery Program Test and Implementation Strategy, Test Data Strategy, Automation Approach, and Test Environment Plans.
- Simultaneously work on multiple initiatives across CIB DPS priorities
- Build effective relationship with key Digital and Business strategy leads; whilst being able to effective challenge them to move DPS initiatives forward
- Gathering, analysing and synthesizing feedback from LOB interaction to help drive DPS initiatives
- Partner closely with Operations, Technology and Product groups.
- Developing and syndicating recommendations to technology and program teams to accelerate change.
Functional and Technical Expertise:
- Strong product and commercial appreciation for major parts of the CIB, able to hold detailed conversations with technology team members about legacy, existing and new technologies that are being leverage across the CIB
- Candidate would have spent time aligned or supporting specific CIB functions
- Able to gain and provide meaningful insight to project working group members on the specific focus areas
- Ability to work with minimum supervision on key enquires
- Working knowledge of API, SQL, Metadata and Big data will be an added advantage
Problem Solving and Analysis:
- Ability to break down analyses and issues into their individual components
- Ability to quickly learn new concept
- Ability to quickly derive patterns and insights from data and analysis
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context of what they are working on and remain centered on answering the ‘bigger’ question
- Superior attention to detail with eye for spotting errors and redundancies
- Advanced financial numeracy & Excel skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to colleagues, senior executives and clients.
- Actively contributes to team meetings / conference calls with colleagues, stakeholders from other functions and clients / 3rd parties.
- PowerPoint skills - able to create individual slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review
Working Style and Influence:
- Able to work comfortably & confidently under pressure and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work on hands-on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones.
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and manage personal time& stakeholder expectations to deliver against each
- Safe pair of hands – keeps track of deliverables and proactively follow-ups and provides updates. Does not need to be reminded or chased
- Is able to build relationships with and influence colleagues and LOB functions to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders. Not possessive about roles and responsibilities – flexible to sharing or merging roles/responsibilities with others to meet overall project or Firm objectives
- Experienced in managing matrix teams and get the functions delivered.
- Considerate of others, is able to take on additional work and support others during high pressure situations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant experience from similar profiles highly preferred
- Worked in the CIB business functions such as i.e. Global Markets, Middle Office, Investment & Corporate Bank and Securities Services.
- Deep Project / Test Management exposure