|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world and we are always looking for passionate, diverse & inclusive talent to help us do just this.
As an Azure Infrastructure Specialist, you are a business leader with technical expertise within our enterprise sales organization, working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of sales, technical, and services resources to help customers realise digital transformation through the adoption of cloud computing.
A core competency of the role is to advance the engagement process to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure Infrastructure consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You possess both a high EQ with executive presence, able to engage with senior decision makers to uncover digital transformation initiatives, and a passion to learning how Azure cloud services can deliver digital transformation. You will develop and maintain an Azure Infrastructure and application migration expertise, able to identify projects, build a compelling business case, and drive the consumption project to production. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CXO level with technology decision makers. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. You will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Primary responsibilities for this role include -
- 30% of your time will be spent with customers developing new Azure consumption engagements which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools and targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 60% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure solutions. You will win the customers’ technical decision for consumption projects and usage scenarios through tailored messaging, technical discussions, and aligning the appropriate solutions partners, programs and resources to guide them in decision making and consumption plans. You will lead technical demonstrations of Azure solutions to explain and prove the capabilities of Microsoft Azure relative to the customers business and technical objectives. These efforts will accrue to developing minimum viable product (MVP) solutions which will accelerate deployment to Azure with support of other technical roles including Azure Partners.
- 10% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to -
- Utilize a growth mindset by developing and maintaining elite sales skills to identify, assess, validate, and influence customers’ needs and vision for DT while also building community relationships and orchestration to solve complex business problems.
- Secure & Drive Azure Engagements: Secure commitment for new migration projects and accelerate the existing engagements to drive Azure consumption.
- Win the Technical Decision: Win new Azure migration and infrastructure projects through strong technical sales motions Deliver on business and technical value to win new projects aligned to the Azure Infra Sales Priorities.
- Accelerate through Partners: Accelerate projects to consumption by planning and executing with Azure partners.
- Personally, commit to our company-wide shared priority: To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
- Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modelling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- Experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies required
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Business Value. Able to utilize tools such as the Azure Pricing Calculator, Azure ROI Tool, and Azure TCO Tool to generate consumption project cost estimates and demonstrate economic value to customers
- Consumption Project Management. Experience leveraging cloud adoption methodologies and frameworks to structure application migration projects preferred
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud platform with emphasis on Azure Infrastructure solutions including IaaS and PaaS based environments, and Azure based application management and governance required
- Technical Dialog. Lead technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common infrastructure implementations required
- Technical Demonstration. Ability to demonstrate Azure solutions leveraging pre-packaged Azure demo environments and live demos from the Azure Resource Manager showcasing relevant Azure infrastructure solutions required
- Technical Frameworks. Ability to leverage technical frameworks such as the Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure to guide customers and partners through the cloud adoption journey preferred
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements, especially those involving Infrastructure migration and application modernization projects preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud and datacenter infrastructure competitor landscape including AWS and GCP
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Certifications. Azure Fundamentals with Admin Associate or Architect an in role requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline.