|Location:||Edinburgh, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSunday 07 March 2021
Salary Range£65,700 - £87,600
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryOur Mission
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows.
We need people who can make this transformation a reality. And we’re currently looking for those who can enable that transformation; empowering our technical teams to deliver their very best work on behalf of our customers.
Want to know more?
The Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) Value Stream includes a varied Change Portfolio made up of Labs, Programmes and Projects working with both Agile and Waterfall change methodology, focusing on particular solutions to deliver on behalf of the Transformation Division.
The overall vision within the PFFC Value Stream is to promote social well-being for our customers and provide the group with competitive advantage. This is done by supporting the Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime Business Areas to deliver on group strategy in processing compliant, fast, secure and flexible transaction management services, whilst maintaining and delivering on key Legal, Regulatory and Mandated requirements.
Within Payments we are initiating a key strategic activity with the objective of delivering business outcomes that will ensure we maintain Payments schemes (Target 2, RTGS, Swift ISO) participation through complying with their mandated requirements. We are delivering this using scaled agile methodology and have an exciting opportunity to expand our Business Analysis community by recruiting a Senior Lead Business Analyst (SLBA) to help us deliver.
The SLBA will use their business analysis and process design skills to identify business needs, analyse requirements and shape initiatives with significant op model and design impacts, as well as supporting testing and implementation of agreed solutions. They will drive the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts and documentation of the associated operating model, and changes to the customer journeys and colleague processes. They will also work closely with the Product Owner to ensure Labs and Teams make the right choices in the changes they deliver to ensure investment is made in the right business solution with a focus on the items of highest value to the customer and the business, aligning with the strategic objectives of the Programme.
The SLBA will also be expected to perform the role of a Chapter Lead, which is a leadership role that blends both deep domain expertise with a passion for coaching and developing people. The Chapter Lead will directly oversee a team of Business Analysts in a Chapter, who will be embedded in Teams but will report to the Chapter Lead as a line manager. The main role of the Chapter Lead would be to grow and develop the Chapter and ensure alignment on the "how" of the work they perform in Teams. The Chapter Lead may work as a "player-coach", meaning they will spend ~50% of their time embedded in the Team doing the Business Analyst role and the remaining time performing the Chapter Lead role.
You’ll be responsible for;
- Investigating complex issues across the entire scope, co-ordinating analysis work that spans Release Trains and Programme Increments and driving forward options to resolve. This will include playing an active role in Programme Increment (PI) planning, by contributing to the vision, roadmap and release train backlog.
- Supporting the Lab Product Owner to understand business problems by critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view.
- Working closely with stakeholders to validate business requirements and proposed solutions and gain approval.
- Supporting the Lab Product Owner in translating business needs into OKRs, Features, Epics and User Stories.
- Line Management of Business Analysts, supporting their ongoing development whilst ensuring the capability and the capacity of the BA community meets the demand of the Programme.
- Business analysis at the team strategy level; Contributing to the BA leadership community across the Value Stream, investing in capability and ensuring the BA team have the right skills, tools, networks and capacity to be successful.
- Supporting the Programme Design Team to ensure requirements and proposed solutions are aligned with strategy and the OKRs and supporting options and resolution of key Business Architecture Decisions through Group Design governance (GDA).
And as for your skills? We’re looking for someone who;
- Understands the importance of data to ensure outcomes and solve problems and is comfortable working with large data sets and technologies, leading and developing data analysis.
- Focuses on driving value for our customers with an ability to create strong and robust arguments to recommend prioritisation of work accordingly.
- Builds effective relationships with senior stakeholders, communicating and negotiating to deliver the right outcome for the customer and the Group.
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s objectives.
- Is open thinking, keen to push the boundaries and looking to join an empowered team is evolving the way it delivers in an Agile way
Ideally, you’ll have;
- Strong knowledge of the Payments Industry and its focus and direction, especially the international & high value journeys.
- Experience of leading large, critical migration projects and data-heavy projects, particularly ISO20022.
- Experience in leading and motivating high performing teams to deliver using Scaled Agile Methodologies.
- Understanding of business analysis and business architecture methodologies and techniques and their practical application; particularly analytical thinking and problem solving at both a working and strategic level.
- Knowledge of the existing and potential Commercial and Retail customer base that utilise the International Payments services.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Sound like you? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.