|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing workloads from the domestic and international markets. We work on design projects for many of the UK water utility companies, as well as providing specialist consultancy services to many regulated and industrial clients. We have exciting opportunities for civil design engineers with strong water/wastewater industry experience to join our growing team in Reading. These positions can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
You'll lead a innovative and motivated multidisciplinary team of technical specialists in the delivery of a diverse range of medium-to-large-scale water and wastewater projects.
You'll be responsible for:
- Leading a team to deliver designs for multi-disciplinary water or wastewater schemes
- Managing the civil design and integration with other disciplines;
- Engaging positively with the Client to effectively manage relationships with them on a regular basis
- Providing technical leadership to design staff working on your projects
- Mentoring and developing less experienced staff and providing guidance to support their professional development
and, if of interest;
- Programme and financial management of medium to large sized projects;
- Managing and contributing to the preparation of design deliverables to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project;
- Business development including providing specialist support to our Account Leaders and Practices, and leading on proposals and tenders in the water and wastewater fields;
We are seeking a Chartered Civil Engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Able to lead and successfully deliver multidisciplinary projects;
- An in-depth knowledge of the layout and interconnectivity of treatment works processes (including the selection of appropriate methods of construction and materials for water-retaining structures, pipework and plant typically found on treatment works sites);
- A working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment process design, geotechnical engineering, structural design and hydraulics;
- Strong communication skills to interact with other disciplines and clients, and to develop and promote the team;
- A team leader capable of managing and motivating individuals to consistently deliver;
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks;
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions.