|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world’s largest corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Securities Services business provides middle office services, custody, accounting and administration for investment managers and asset owners, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds, and fund of funds.
Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) is a key fund services product that provides asset managers the ability to leverage JP Morgan’s operational expertise and market leading technology and data infrastructure to manage their trade processing, asset servicing, collateral management, and investment record capabilities. The product encompasses a multi-asset class offering across listed securities, equity swaps, cleared and OTC derivatives, and bank loans, focusing on the needs of large asset managers.
The IMOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic middle office product, which leverages investment bank-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This role will focus on real-time investment data across all asset classes for client consumption into front office order management systems and client data platforms as well as on scaling the client migration toolset. This individual will provide subject matter expertise on investment data across all asset classes, including lifecycle data, for use by front office, performance, risk, and other asset manager functions. In addition, the role requires definition and execution of the roadmap based on current client mandates and potential new funds. The individual will work directly with clients, product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and enhance these components for investment middle office and lead large scale strategic initiatives. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offers an opportunity to further develop expertise across securities services and data platform capabilities. Given the pace of change, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking on FinTech, Big Data, etc to provide a competitive product to the market.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expertise on middle office trade and position management, the investment data structures to support the processing, and it’s use by large asset managers across asset classes
- Design and deliver against the strategic MOS roadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the client experience and service model, and testing / migration of the components for delivery
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present and drive process improvements
- Partner with the technology team to execute the development of the toolset, providing requirements and ensuring delivery is on time and on budget
- Communicate progress of the product development effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members and leadership apprised of progress and challenges
- Minimum five years experience designing and implementing solutions, either for clients or for improvement of internal processes, including development of the roadmap and plan / timelines for execution
- Experience at a large asset manager performing operational change management, technology development, or trading desk support, or in another business line that provides middle office related services and data, such as Prime Brokerage
- Energetic self-starter with ability to drive delivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication capabilities, clearly and succinctly message with appropriate level of detail to cross-functional teams, senior management, and clients
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
- Strong program management skills, must be organized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievable deliverables
- Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery